Please visit our webpage for more info
Big Hearts Foundation is a non – profit Animal Welfare Organization based in London, founded in 2011 by entrepreneur and philanthropist Anna Kogan.
We are proud to be the first international organisation working on regional level in Russia, having been active in 27 cities. This largest area in the world is in dire need to improve the plight of animals. After the fall of communism the area of human-animal contact has been left unattended. The situation is critical. We aim to change this by bringing Western expertise and decades long experience in animal welfare to Russia and hopefully expand to surrounding countries in the future.
“I’ve always wanted to make the world a better place for animals. We are doing it where the most difference can and needs to be made” – Anna Kogan.
Our Vision: a society in which the welfare of animals is understood and respected by everyone, and protected by effective legislation.
- Raise awareness and promote responsible cat and dog ownership, stop animals from being abused and abandoned.
- Provide affordable spay/neutering programs for low-class families.
- Humane education: Teach the young generation to respect nature and animals. Learn more about our work here .
- Advocate for animal welfare laws. Learn more about our work here .
- Wild animals: improve their plight in captivity and enable their rehabilitation back into the wild where possible
- Neutering projects in Various Cities
- Souyarvi City
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre UTYOS
- Campaign and Lobby Law Against Animal Testing
- Campaign to Free Orcas
Our Principle: The work is based on the principles of independence and impartiality and non-interference in political affairs.